This internet version has none of the hard copy graphics or detailed information that you may need to implement this in your local area. Please contact our office for help or to receive a video or full handbook. You are allowed to use this material for evaluation purposes only and should as a matter of integrity contact On The Go before using any of this material. We can offer valuable insight that can make your outreach work and bring honor to God. This is copyrighted material!
An overview of On The Go's Local Church Outreach Program
1. Planning and Brainstorming Session with Key Leaders
2. Working Plan and Strategy Formulated
3. Local Church or Individual Survey and Charting. Some of the Charting and Survey's used:
- Church Emphasis Form
- My Ministry at My Church
- 200 Creative Outreach Ideas Seminar (1 to 2 hours)
- Leadership Survey
This can be done in advance by your outreach department or this can be done at the vision conference. If done in advance it must be done systematically and everyone must be surveyed: set up appointments, fill out in Sunday school, fill out Wednesday night, they can be mailed out and then mailed back, they also can be done over the phone.
4. Share vision with congregation
- Teaching and informing workers
- Share outreach & growth principles
- Share outreach possibilities
5. Set up teams and team leaders
6. Develop materials
- Outreach teams receive advanced training and are sent out
- Long term programs are in place
- Local or united events continue
Ideas for Vision and Outreach Training
- Vision Conference-Vision Week (Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Sunday)
- Major emphasis that sets the tone and focus of the entire church. All the departments and each area of church shares in the planning and program.
- Vision Weekend - Major focus of church for that quarter and called out individuals will catch the vision and implement ideas that they learn into existing programs of the church.
- Vision Sunday - This can be a special day when outreach training and surveys can be done in Sunday School and Bible Studies. The service can focus on outreach. An outreach blitz can be done after church with a gospel service in the evening that highlights many different outreach techniques. (drama, puppets, testimonies, etc.)
- Vision Day - Held on Saturday and is an outreach day with training and outreach blitz.
- Outreach Training Classes - These outreach classes or seminars are held each month at a time set by the outreach/mission committee or pastor. Each class will focus on a different type of outreach. Some churches have a different class each weekend. They can be held on Saturday, Friday night, or Sunday after church (with a meal provided). These training classes should be kept small and should be very hands on and practical. Some churches have one a month. In theory, at the end of the year, a person can be trained in twelve different outreach methods.
The Best Scenario
1. Pastor invites On The Go to learn about their outreach programs and needs. This is done through phone calls and materials being sent by the church that explain what they are doing and what they want to do. This also can be done on site if so deemed necessary by the pastor.
2. On The Go meets with local leaders and ministry team to develop an outreach program that fits their individual needs. This can be done in conjunction with an vision/outreach weekend or day.
3. On The Go helps train and equip teams for service.
- Vision Conference is held to launch the program
- Outreach Teams are Trained and sent out to minister
- Reporting and Monitoring
4. Quarterly Outreach Training Classes are held to share the basic vision and outreach principles in order to work these new people into outreach teams.
5. Monthly Outreach Training Classes are also being held that focus on different outreach needs and methods.
These topics can be covered at your vision conference:
- CATCHING A VISION
- OUR CHURCH CAN GROW
- PREPARING FOR GROWTH
- WHAT IS REAL CHURCH GROWTH
- GOD'S CYCLE FOR SUCCESS
- HOW TO ATTRACT VISITORS
- DEALING WITH PUBLIC RELATIONS
- 200 LOCAL OUTREACH IDEAS
- 100 NEW IDEAS FOR CHURCHES
- HOW PEOPLE ACCEPT CHRIST
- WHY THE CHURCHED COME
- WHY PEOPLE CONTINUE
- WHY PEOPLE DROP OUT
- WHY CHURCH HOPPERS HOP
- WHY PEOPLE WITH LITTLE CHURCH BACKGROUND VISIT A CHURCH THE FIRST TIME
- WHY PEOPLE WITH A BIBLE BACKGROUND GO TO A NEW CHURCH OR FELLOWSHIP
- WHY UNCHURCHED & VISITORS COME BACK THE SECOND TIME
- HOW TO REACH MORE YOUTH, ADULTS, SENIOR CITIZENS, YOUNG ADULTS
- HOW TO HAVE A LOCAL CHURCH OUTREACH PROGRAM
- How to reach your community
- How to reach your church families
- How to reach your city, state, nation
- How to reach around the world
- DEVELOPING LEADERS AND RAISING UP A NEW GENERATION OF LEADERS
- STEPS TO AN EVANGELISTIC EVENT OR OUTREACH
- BASIC EVANGELISM TRAINING
These Outreach Training Classes can be held at a later date:
- How to minister world-wide (short term)
- Planning a short term mission trip
- Raising Financial Support for Short & Long Term Ministry
- Blending Family & Ministry for Harmony
- Basic Evangelism Training
- Advance Evangelism Training
- Creative Outreach Methods (100)
- Church Growth Seminar
- How to share your faith (objections, testimony, approaches)
- Drama & Mime Evangelism
- Puppets & Clown Evangelism
- Youth Outreach - Youth with a Vision
- Creative Youth Programs
- Inner City Evangelism
- Leadership Training
- Missionary Training Classes
- Children's Outreach Training
- Senior Adult Outreach Training
- Counselor Training Classes
- Reconciliation Week-end - Race relations and Cultural Awareness
- Go Camp - Week long training camp for youth and young adults that focuses on sharing your faith, as well as fun filled activities
- Local Church Crusades
- City Wide Crusades
- Dealing with cults in America
- Religions of the world and how to reach them